Know.Love.Act Resolution – Blood Water Mission.
Every New Year, we make resolutions to lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier, give up caffeine, have a cleaner house (or room), and on and on. These are all fantastic goals that help us live healthier, more organized lives. I suggest that we continue to set these goals, but I also find one area that these resolutions could use improvement in; they don’t engage the people around us.
What if, on top of these personal goals, we also set New Year’s resolutions that affect the lives of our friends, family, our local communities, and even people on the other side of the globe?
I would like to propose a guide that will help you create such a New Year’s resolution. Like all good (and earth-shattering 😉 ) guides, this is a three step process to help you create a resolution that can better your life and the lives of the people around you. Are you up for the task?
Here it is: Ask yourself (and answer) these three questions:
1) What (or who) do I want to KNOW this year?
2) What can I do to show LOVE to the people in my life?
3) What can I do to ACT in a way that betters the lives of the people around me?
My own resolution looks like this:
1) I would like to KNOW more about the developments in the prevention of the HIV/AIDS virus by reading more newsletters and case studies
2) Love those around me by being more connected and involved in the lives of the people around me
3) I want to ACT to better the lives of those around me by volunteering at the free clinic in my neighborhood.
Blog post written by: Matt Clark – US Programs Asst.